Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lime in the Coconut Pops

Good god almighty, these are good.

No photo, cause they're a bore to look at, but to eat? OHMYGOODNESS.

Gather:

1 can light coconut milk
16 ounces yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup water
zest of one lime (if you're feelin' fancy)

In a saucepan, bring the sugar, water and lime juice to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in lime zest.

In a large bowl, or blender, combine the coconut, yogurt and lime/sugar/water mixture. Mix well. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking rum might be a good addition to these frozen treats. But then, isn't rum ALWAYS a good add?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy pops. Too bad for me when I was a kid my mother never had the engineering prowess to make any homemade. I always had those frozen ice pops in the the thin plastic with wild fluorescent colors and chemical coloring/sweetening agents.

    I'd be careful with the rum, not that it won't taste good, but the freezing point of alcohol is pretty low - so unless you plan on only adding a scant amount (probably couldn't taste it) or you have a deep freezer that goes down to like -30F, its probably not a good idea.

    Now if you want to quasi freeze them into a slush and serve them as a tropical drink, that's a completely different story!

    ReplyDelete