Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Roundup

I haven't been cooking much these last few weeks - I've been caring for an extra child so by the time evening rolls around, I'm a zombie. We've had a few hot dog or pizza night of late.

I did manage to try out a few new things:

General Tsao's Chicken a la Weight Watchers. Surprisingly good!

Did you know Gywneth Paltrow has a food newsletter? Anyhow, scroll halfway down the page... check out Katie Lee Joel's (yes - married to the great Billy Joel) Dark Chocolate Chunk and Dried Cherry Cookies. Yum!

Marinated Greek Chicken Kabobs. I added a few cloves of chopped garlic to the marinade.

Jessica Seinfeld's Sweet Potato Pancakes. If you have a pancake obsession like I do, you'll love these. They're a great way to sneak some veggies into your kids (or husband's) breakfast as well.

Have you tried anything lately you loved? Comment below and tell me about it!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I've made that WW General Tsao's Chicken a few times; it is pretty good! It doesn't really replace the deep-fried version, but it is a nice substitution, I think.

    ReplyDelete