Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pea Salad

I bring this salad to almost every potluck/cookout. Everyone always asks for the recipe, and I'm almost embarrassed at how simple it is.

But then again, food does not always need to be complicated to be great.

So, without further ado, my Pea Salad.

Gather:

2 small bags frozen peas
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
3 stalks green onion, diced
1 stalks celery, diced
1 green pepper...wait for it...diced
1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise, depending on how mayonnaise-ey you like it
1/3 cup salted, dry roasted peanuts

Combine everything except the peanuts in a large bowl. You'll want to use the peas in their frozen state as it is much easier to mix everything together this way. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate. I usually make this the night before to let all the flavors combine and the peas thaw. But if you need to make it the day of, pull the salad out an hour before serving to make sure you're not serving frozen peas.

Mix the peanuts into the salad directly before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm... I love all the crunchiness in this salad. It would be lovely with some grilled fish for dinner.

    PS-Congrats! You won the grilling kit from fire and Flavor! Please email me your name and address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pea salad sounds so good, and simple enough even for me to try it! I'm totally whipping one up this weekend for a party. Gracias!

    ReplyDelete